HERE to Register
The Garden City Centennial Soccer Club was founded in 1969, the 100th
anniversary of The Village of Garden City. The Club was organized to
provide the youth of the community with a positive experience through
playing the sport.
The Club's registration has grown each year to the point that we are
now the largest independent youth recreational activity organization in
the history of Garden City.
Registration in our youth
programs in greater that 2,100.
programs are open to residents of Garden City as well as any
student attending a private school or school located in the village.
They are designed to give everyone the ability to play and choose their
level of involvement.
|Lady Trojans defeat Mt. Sinai to take home their third LI Championship title and now it's on to States.
|The Garden City girls soccer program continues to shine and Coach Mike Heedles will be taking the 2016 team to Cortland for a shot at another NY State Championship. Garden City has made the trek north two times before and twice have come back with a title - in 2010 and 2013.
The Long Island Championship game against Mt Sinai was decided on a goal by Grace McManus late in the first half. Grace capitalized for the game winner on a mix-up between the Mt Sinai keeper and her backs picking up a loose ball in the box and burying it into the back of the net.
The match was a battle of two stubborn defenses that limited the number of scoring chances for either side. Garden City knows what it takes to win tight defensive games. The Trojans path to the championship included two 110 minute scoreless matches that were decided by penalty kicks in the semi's and finals of the Nassau County playoffs. So once McManus netted her goal the GC girls knew what it would take to finish this game with a win - stay aggressive, don't go into a shell and continue to challenge for every ball. And that they did for a full 40 minutes in the second half to bring home the title to Garden City.
GC Girls Win Long Island Championship
Garden City, NY Patch
here for HS Summer Training
These new U-9 teams will begin play in the Fall 2017!
Here are some highlights:
• Four new U-9 travel teams (Two boys teams and Two girls teams) will be formed.
• U-9 Teams will play together for a maximum of two seasons (Fall/Spring).
• Any boy or girl born in 2009 who is a resident of Garden City or attends a school located in Garden City is eligible to tryout.
• Tryouts will be held on June 5-6th (Girls) and June 7-8th (Boys) and be run by Storm Academy. All players must attend BOTH days of tryouts for their respective group in order to be considered for a spot on a team
• All players who are selected to be on one of the U-9 teams will also be required to participate in our weekly Intramural Soccer Program.
• All teams will be assigned professional trainers from Storm Academy that will train and coach the team.
• All teams will have one practice session per week and one game (Saturdays).
• As is the case with our current teams, each new U-9 team will be enrolled in the Long Island Junior Soccer League (LIJSL) and play a minimum of eight games per season against teams across Nassau County.
• The parents of any player who is interested in trying out for a U-9 team are required to attend a mandatory meeting at which the program will be more fully explained and detail what is expected from the players.
• Any U-9 player selected and intending to continue with our Travel Program and be considered for a spot on a U-10 team must attend a separate tryout in the Spring of 2018.
We believe this is a great opportunity for our younger players to continue their soccer development while getting a chance to compete against teams across Long Island.
In the very near future we will provide a date for a parent information session.
The Garden City Centennial Soccer Club would like to congratulate all of our
teams that competed in a great weekend of soccer up in Connecticut on Columbus Day Weekend.
Hopefully new memories and friendships were forged and all had a great time.
The following teams from our club placed at their tournament:
Connecticut Football Club Columbus Day Classic Tournament (CFC)
U10 Wolves - 1st Place
U11 Warriors - Finalists
U11 Bobcats - 1st Place
U15 Rebels - Finalists
U10 Crushers - 1st Place
U12 Xtreme - 1st Place
U13 Inferno - 1st Place
U14 Thunder - 1st Place
Windsor Soccer Club Columbus Day Tournament:
Girls U13 Jaguars - 1st place
to our Fall 2014 Sportsmanship winners, the
Devils, United, Arsenal, Force,
Storm, Stingers, Thunder
Garden City Activities and